Last Update před 10 měsíci
What is a Consolidation Action?
Actions are events that perform for a purpose, such as executing a logic or redirecting to a link.
Note: Actions can be created only by admin users, while other users can run them.
What are the components of an action?
Action selection/apply UI: This is available in the Grid view and also as a shortcut button in the Home tab.
Action Crud UI: This is available in the Configuration UI under the Edit tab in the Grid view.
Access your orders from the sidebar on the left side of the screen. Choose your orders table, click on the Edit tab and then on "Actions" to apply an action.
When the dropdown opens, select the Consolidate Action, fill out the required fields, and select where you want to apply the action. Then click on "PROCEED" and confirm your consolidate action.
A message on the top right corner will let you know that the action was run successfully.
How to configure actions?
Instructions for Configuring actions, in particular the Consolidate Action.
Access your orders from the sidebar on the left side of the screen. Choose a table, click on the Edit Tab and then "Configuration". Select "Actions" and "Add New Action".
Fill out the required fields to create a new action.
5. Enable in Grid = False: Setting this as "False" ensures that the name is not visible in the list of actions in the Edit Tab of Grid View.
Note: Users are required to choose more than one line items from the table to create POs or TOs or any other schema item, hence, here it is advised to set Enable in Grid as ‘True’.
6. Enable in Form = True: When this is set as "True", this action is shown in the list inside Edit Tab > Actions of each object in that table.
7. Enable in Form = False: When this is set as "False", it is not shown in the action list inside Edit Tab > Actions of any of the objects in the table.
Note: In general, at least one of the two fields, Grid or Form, should be True for actions. Keeping Enable in Grid = True and Enable in Form = False is preferred.
8. Enable Hot Button: Setting this as "True" creates a hot button in the Grid View inside the Home Tab or inside an Object depending on which is set as True. If Enable in Grid = True as well as Enable in Form = True, the hot button is created in both places.
Enable in Grid = True and Enable Hot button = True
Enable in Form = True and Enable Hot button = True
9. Type: Actions can have either a script or a link to redirect to. In the first case, choose "Script" from the dropdown because Logward has built a script for the action of consolidation and there is no external link to redirect to. This opens up more fields to fill out, as shown in the image below:
10. Select None = False: This helps when an action is allowed to run without selecting even a single line item from the table. Some actions might require such setting when they are to be run in isolation with table objects. For consolidation, set this to "False" as users are required to choose line items to consolidate to form Purchase Order or Transport Order.
11. Select All Allowed = False: This lets you select all the objects in the Database of that table. It is generally set as false.
12. Apply on: This sets a default configuration if required to apply the action on either selected rows or filtered rows. Choosing one of the two from the dropdown ensures that the action is run accordingly without asking users at runtime for more inputs, thus reducing clicks.
Choose Apply on Selected or Filtered Rows
13. Script: Enter the same name of the script created by Logward. In this case, enter "consolidate".
Note: Script names are case-sensitive.
14. Input Fields: This is like a new form created for users, for fields that can't be standardized in the script but need inputs for the action to run. These can be dynamic based on your needs and therefore, asked for separately while running the action. Logward can add fields to the script upon request if those are standard.
- Title: Enter the exact key name as set in the Database. For consolidation, enter “targetSchema”.
- Placeholder: Any text to recall the action is added here.
- Type: This is chosen from the list. For consolidation "Text" or "Dropdown" are the best option.
- to create the exact table name for saving the consolidated line items. For example, it can be "purchaseOrder" or "transportOrder".
- to prepare a list of tables for users to choose from at runtime.
- Default: Enter the exact schema name (key) here. For consolidation, enter “purchaseOrder” or “transportOrder” if Type = Text. Enter one of the options or keep this field blank if Type = Dropdown.
- Options: Enter all the exact table names to show to users in the dropdown list to choose from during runtime.
- Editable = False: To prevent users from editing any configuration while running the action it is better to keep this "False".
If you have any queries about order consolidation or want to know more, reach out to [email protected]